Thanks to a grant from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the US National Institutes of Health, we are able to provide a small number of travel fellowships for US participants. Students, post-doctoral fellows, women, and participants from under-represented minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding.
The travel fellowship consists of US$1000 which can be used towards your registration fee and travel costs, including lodging and per diem. You must pay costs up front; fellowship funds will be distributed after attendance at the conference.
Requirements and procedures
Each application for a travel fellowship must meet the following conditions:
- The applicant must be from a US institution.
- The applicant must participate in one or more tracks of BioCreative V as a team member or as a user in the interactive task.
- The applicant must submit the travel award application form: please remember that we are encouraging students, post-doctoral fellows, women, and participants from under-represented minorities to apply.
- Application materials (see below) should be sent to Kevin Cohen at email@example.com with the subject line 'Application for Travel Fellowship for BioCreative 2015".
The applicant should review visa requirements and make any necessary arrangements of their own.
- Application deadline: July 8, 2015
- Notification of acceptance: July 15, 2015
- Workshop: September 9-11, 2015
Download the Application Form